468x60 Ads

Game Reviews Matter

I've said before that one of the reasons I'm passionate about game journalists giving games honest and insightful reviews is because game reviews impact the sales of games.

Not everyone agrees with this assertion. A lot of people (myself included) do not rely on game reviews to determine our buying habits.

However, the average consumer does rely on game reviews to determine which games are worth renting / buying and which should be ignored. And when we're talking about games that took thousands to millions of dollars to create, the average consumer is the one who needs to buy the game for the developer to stay in business.


There is some research to support the argument videogame reviews matter, but you shouldn't need a study to believe the obvious; if game reviews didn't matter then nobody would watch game review videos or read game review magazines / websites.

I will not shy away from issues where I disagree with the popular but incorrect opinions expressed by other game reviewers and journalists. I will not be intimidated into being silenced either.

Game reviews are not simply entertainment; they are meant to educate.

If I catch other reviewers misinforming the public about a game I will call them out so at least some people know they are wrong and shouldn't make purchasing habits based on flawed reasoning and poor fact checking.

2 comments:

Velocity Eleven said...

I tend to watch game reviews of games Ive already played to see what they telling the public

Anonymous said...

I for one watch game reviews not for the content but to see how the game is played. If anything, I rather play a demo.

Post a Comment