468x60 Ads

Excuuuse me, princess!

Hulu is, apparently, on a mission to upload every cartoon I loved as a kid.

When I was like 8 or something, I used to watch the live-action Super Mario. Bros Show because occasionally they would show The Legend of Zelda cartoon instead of the usual Mario cartoon. Even then, I thought the live action show was boring and cheesy but I would suffer through it in the hopes of watching a Zelda cartoon. I was usually disappointed :(

But now, thanks to the power of the internet, I can finally watch these damned episodes whenever I want to!
(Of course, now they no longer hold the same wonder they used to....the scripts and voice acting are terrible. But I swear, I'm watching them all to appease the inner child in me). And in doing so, I can notice all the adult humor that was snuck in...like how the first episode opens with Link looking down Zelda's shirt.....

I was also a big He-Man fanatic when I was little (like 4-6). I don't remember any episodes of She-Ra ever airing, but I did watch the crossover movie.

I really liked The Littles. I think it was one of the first American produced cartoons to have an actual storyline. Sadly, where I lived it only aired on Sundays. I ended up reading several of the books because of the cartoon.

Inspector Gadget needs no introduction.

Voltron was another love; I still have a ton of the toys I bought at garage sales. It used to play on the USA Network but they aired the episodes out of order so it was impossible to follow along.

Now they just need to upload The Raccoons, The Real Ghostbusters, Thundercats, The Muppet Show, and Fraggle Rock. Then my attempts to revisit my childhood will be complete.

But please, no Jem and the Holograms.  I hated that show so much because they would air it between the shows I actually liked and to this day I have an irrational hatred of all things related to girlie pop singing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment