468x60 Ads

HarperCollins has released an Authonomy site specifically for children and YA writers called Inkpop.

I decided to upload Twilight Chronicles: DAWN to this site because I felt the story might do better among its target audience.

For those familiar with Authonomy, there is one important difference between Inkpop and its predecessor: users can only back one book every 24 hours! This means it is much harder to move up to the editors desk. Is this better or worse? I can't provide that answer (although I do think it means people have less incentive to read new works).

Anyway, I've only been on the site for two days now, but the book is doing pretty good. It has jumped 2,345 ranks to reach the #91 spot!

I've been pretty active on the forums. Many of the users are young writers, so they aren't quite as well informed about this crazy publishing industry; I've been trying to give as much useful information as I can. I've also been leaving fairly detailed critiques of uploaded work in the hopes that it helps them polish their skill. When I first started writing I didn't have anyone willing to help me polish my writing, so I hope I can impart some of what I've learned to others. Since I'm not yet published I can't claim to be a zen master of writing, but I do have a strong grasp of the basics.

We shall see how this goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment