468x60 Ads

Several years ago (when I was in the Army) I was sitting in a guard shack with an M16. While trying hard to stay awake on my 12 hour shift, the image of a patchwork teddy bear with a handkerchief cape and a top hat popped into my head. He met a young boy in a forest and said, "I'm not really a teddy bear, ya know?"

So you could say I came up with some crucial elements of my story while suffering from sleep exhaustion.
  
A year or so later, after I had my first rough draft of the story finished (which was a short story), I was reviewing Final Fantasy 4 & 5 for an online game site and came upon a realization: the end-game bosses of RPGs are probably the most powerful beings in the universe since it always takes about four to twelve of the strongest fighters in the world to defeat them-- and only after they get help from some legendary magic artifacts.

So I said to myself, "Why don't I make the main character a demon king and the antagonist a crazy goddess of light? But how do I go about that since he's actually a normal human boy from another world? Maybe he could be possessed by a demon king who was defeated and banished to another world? Don't they sometimes get banished at the end of a game because they are too powerful to perma-kill?"

Everything just sorta went from there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment