468x60 Ads

I recently confronted Asalieri on the Original-Gamer podcast about his harassment toward me. There is a version of this podcast that Asalieri leaked a few days ago where he purposely garbled my audio to obscure my arguments, but you can listen to the real version on the Original-Gamer podcast.

Some people have questioned why I keep standing up to Asalieri and co. as they try to bully me.

The first reason is that Asalieri claimed if I did the debate he would stop harassing me and encourage his fans to stop as well. Though I did not believe him, I gave it a try.

The second reason is this: because standing up to a bully is the best way to deal with one.

Bullies are all about control and power. When they get confronted it usurps their sense of power and spoils their fun. Bullies like Asalieri prefer "soft" targets who don't stand up to them, such as the autistic man in his RAR #9 video or (yes) The Irate Gamer who turned to disabling all comments on his videos to deal with the flood of trolling; much of which I don't believe he deserved (just because someone makes errors doesn't give you the right to make death threats against them or hound them for years).

I want it to be clear this isn't about people disagreeing with me: When you put yourself out on the internet or create a show such as The RPG Fanatic, it is expected that you are going to get people who will disagree with your opinions and viewpoints. That's fine and I am quite willing to debate with people who disagree with me, as I try to converse with people who leave comments on my videos so that I'm not just another voice on the TV who you can't interact with. I also consider the ability for people to give instant feedback on your videos a great asset for film-makers, and I believe I've made quite a lot of effort to improve the structure of my videos based on some of the feedback I've received.

The intent of someone who is giving constructive criticism is not the same as someone who makes a video distorting someone's statements, uploading footage of themselves calling someone a faggot, or following someone around the internet to harass them because they were blocked from their Youtube channel. The latter individuals are acting out of malice.

If this were a situation occurring in person, Asalieri and his fanboys would not keep it up. These guys are cowards who can only hide behind their computers and make videos to mock people. They are in love with the sound of their own voice, lecturing their victims about things like the freedom of speech while trying to deny those rights to their victims; for example, Asalieri started his attack by threatening to harass me until I removed one of my videos. He claims to be against censorship but demands I remove my videos. He accuses me of being morally corrupt for making money off my videos but then runs ads on his own videos once he obtains a blip.tv account. These kind of hypocritical statements are common to bullies.

These bullies also engage in common misinformation tactics, like misrepresenting facts surrounding a person, or taking the statements a person has made out of context (as an example, many of the videos Asalieri has uploaded cut my audio portion mid-sentence, altering the intended context of what I said). They also have a habit of repeating themselves like a broken record even when what they are saying has been proven to be false or already addressed.

And when these tactics fail they turn to throwing out slurs like "faggot".

Unfortunately the internet allows a person to do this kind of harassing behavior without having to risk meeting the person they are tormenting in real life, and it is more difficult for law enforcement to get involved as well. However, when the harassment it done through third party websites like Youtube or blip.tv, there are resources at hand to deal with the harassment.

I am using these resources to confront the bullies and as evident by their current comments, they are not liking it at all. Each flag prevents them from uploading more videos and hurts any dreams of becoming a Youtube Partner; which many of them have. Their narcissism is making them feel victimized and it's no longer fun for them to keep it up. This is evident by how their complaints are now primarily about how unfair it is that their accounts are flagged, videos removed and even some of their accounts terminated.

Having looked at the channels of the people who are assisting Asalieri, many of them are much like him; they spend extraordinary amounts of time harassing other Youtubers for their own amusement. It seems clear to me that if I just ignored them, once they are through with me they are just going to move on to someone else; someone who might not have the thick skin I have or the ability to challenge them as well as I can. Youtube is somewhat difficult to navigate and finding the proper tools to report people for harassment can be difficult for some people to locate. As a Youtube Partner I'm pretty knowledgeable about the website and how to use it, and I have other resources at my disposal unique to Youtube Partners.

There is also the matter of their false flagging campaign; a number of my game reviews were flagged by them for child abuse. I had to explain to Youtube there was an organized campaign of harassment against me from these guys who were false flagging my videos.

I figure that if I can frustrate their efforts to troll me they will be less likely to do this kind of thing to others in the future, as all they are achieving is the loss of their own accounts. Besides, if what they have done to others is any indication they will never let it go on their own. The only way they are going to stop is when they realize it's not fun for them anymore because they are just getting themselves banned and wasting their time making videos that get removed shortly after being uploaded.

If you are reading this because Asalieri is now harassing you, or you have someone else trolling you on Youtube, I encourage you to not give in to the bullies. Stand up to them and let them know their behavior is not going to be tolerated and will only serve to make their user experience as unenjoyable as they are trying to make others' experiences.

Directly beneath this blog post is a link marked "Labels: trolls". By clicking on that link you can find previous posts I've made with screenshots of some of the statements Asalieri and his fanboys have been making that prove they are not victims of anything except their own stupidity.

Lastly, the curious can find screenshots of Asalieri2's channel comment box here that prove how insanely obsessed they have been with harassing me. These screenshots record what they have been saying and plotting for the past month.

Click here to read all posts I've made on this topic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment